Note! Please go to the XMMS site
as the Solaris code has been
integrated into the main source.
Installation from source
- Download XMMS.
- Extract the archive using eg gzip -dc xmms-1.2.4.tar.gz | tar xvf -
- Compile using ./configure as normal (full instructions in the XMMS
README file) (note: you may want to add "-O2" to CFLAGS; this halves CPU
- Download the plugin (see download page).
- Extract the archive using eg gzip -dc xmms-solaris-0.6.4.tar.gz | tar xvf -
- Compile using ./configure. This will grab the path from xmms-config
so you shouldn't need to pass any parameters unless it can't find xmms.
- run make;make install
- start xmms; it should find the plugin automatically.
- Make sure you have all the system
requirements before download as the binary packages do not enforce
this as well as the source installation.
- Download the binaries
- Uncompress the downloaded files using eg gunzip *.gz (may not be
- Install the XMMS player code (eg, pkgadd -d
- Install the XMMS Solaris output plugin (eg, pkgadd -d